- Join Community
- Post to Community
- Gift Paid Account
|Name:||For the Love of Parrots|
|Location:||United States of America|
|Community description:||For parrot lovers of all ages, shapes of sizes. To expand and strengthen their current knowledge.|
Hello and welcome to parrots_etc!
Just as the name suggests, this community is open to anyone interested in both parrots, and other species of birds commonly [and even uncommonly] kept as pets. This community exists to provide a wealth of knowledge to both new and old parrot owners and promote the health and well-being of our feathered friends. This community is a great place to share pictures, stories, news, and most of all, information supporting proper care and husbandry.
There are just a few pointers we suggest you read before joining and posting here at parrots_etc!
1. Please be kind. Don't be outright rude to each other, and try and treat each other with respect!
2. Remember that most other members have both yours and your parrot's best interests at heart. Remember that sometimes the right information is not always what you want to hear. Our primary concern is for the well-being of your parrots.
3. Be honest! If you aren't certain on an answer to a question, don't answer. Or google it. Make sure you are not giving out any misinformation, as such can be deadly to your, or someone else's parrot!
4. Do not post here asking for major vet advice! We are not vets, vet techs or do we have the ability to give you medical advise for your animal! Chances are, if it looks or seems serious, it is! Give your avian vet a call and explain the situation, they will be 100% more likely to be able to give you advice than we can. Posting about hormonal issues, diagnosed behavioral plucking, or parrots with disabilities is something entirely different, we just are NOT capable to handling medical emergencies.
5. By all means, post pictures! All we ask is that they be a reasonable size and multiple pictures should be behind a cut! We enjoy pictures, but they should NOT hinder our Dreamwidth layouts, please!
6. There are NO stupid questions! Please ask away!
Toys and our favorite toy makers:
adopting parrots, adoption, african greys, amazons, avian anatomy, avian vets, aviaries, aviculture, behavior, behavioral problems, birds, biting, blue and gold macaws, budgerigars, budgies, cages, canaries, care, caring for parrots, chewing, clicker training, climbing, cockatiels, cockatoos, communication, conures, corvids, doves, eclectus parrots, feathers, finches, flight, flight training, foraging, foraging toys, foster parronts, fresh veggies, fruit, general care, kakarikis, loud, macaws, nutrition, nuts, parakeets, parrot health, parrot husbandry, parrot rescue, parrotlets, parrots, pellets, perches, pigeons, pionus, playing, plucking, preening, quaker parrots, responsible breeding, ringnecks, rosellas, screaming, seed, senegals, sexual dimorphism, singing, sprouts, sunlight, teaching, toucans, toys, uva, uvb, vasas, vegetables
amryfal, delight, ficwriter1966, flightless, fluffypoptarts, flyingfluff, greyfeathers, klia, muiraingeal, of_salfarro, peaceable_kingdom, platedlizard, rayven0511, silhouettes, smile_n_cuddle, spazzy444, teenythings, thejeopardymaze, tonica, winterapple